Tuesday, January 11, 2011

peanut butter cup and pretzel terrine


I must have desert every night.  Both of the kids are very into ice cream right now so, I thought this would be a fun way to use up some of the left over peanut butter cups and pretzels.  Going back to my goal of remembering my palate in this journey I tried to mimic the chubby hubby ingredients which is a favorite of mine.  It only takes minutes to assemble(score!) and actually looks very nice when sliced up.  I would have loved to use homemade ice cream but, not enough time.  The flavor combinations are endless and it is a great way to get a fun kid friendly dessert on the table with little effort and allows you to use up miscellaneous items you have hanging around.  I became a hero when I put this on the dinner table tonight.

peanut butter cup and pretzel terrine
adapted: real simple

 30 Peanut butter cups, chopped
half gallon of vanilla ice cream, softened
30 pretzel snaps, broken
  1. Line a loaf pan with parchment, leaving an overhang. Press 1/2 of the softened vanilla ice cream into the pan, top with 20 chopped peanut butter cups and 20 broken pretzels.  Top with the remaining vanilla ice cream.  Smooth out top with spatula and sprinkle remaining peanut butter cups and pretzels.  Fold parchment over top, press down, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm (~2 hours).  To serve, remove from pan and slice.

2 comments:

Taylor Crary said...

now that looks good... really good, sell that to 31 flavors good

Patsyk said...

That is a fabulous treat! I think ice cream is good any time of year... and with those add-ins, I wouldn't be able to resist!

Thanks for your comment... let's keep each other motivated to keep running!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS