Salty sweet is a favorite combination of mine. Some things are just made to be together. They have that one perfect match. In my mind chocolate just can't settle down. It pairs so well with creamy peanut butter and it also looks quite good blanketing a salty, crunchy pretzel. Why should chocolate have to choose between peanut butter or pretzels? Can't we have it all? These cookies are a merger of two fantastic partnerships which make a creamy, crunchy, sweet and salty treat. The base of the cookie is a bit crispier and the shape is a bit taller then I like my peanut butter cookies but, these minor issues are not stopping them from flying out of the cookie jar.
peanut butter chocolate chip pretzel cookies
adapted: everyday with rachel ray
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 cups miniature pretzels, chopped
Line 2 cookie sheets with silpat. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 350°. In a bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and peanut butter on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture, beating until just combined; stir in the chips and pretzel pieces.
- Using a cookie scoop to scoop and drop balls on to prepared sheets. Bake for 12 minutes, until golden but still soft to the touch. Let cool slightly before transferring to racks to cool.