Monday, November 29, 2010

green monster


I keep hearing about juicing, smoothies and cleanses.  I have always favored food over a drink but, on my constant quest for better health and my abundance of fresh organic fruits and veggies from my box delivery I decided to give these green monsters a try .  I was so surprised at how much I liked them and how full and energized I felt after having one.  I may be kinda hooked and the combinations are endless.  This is a step in my process to better living.  I have decided to get rid myself of numbers.  I need to listen to what my body needs and not let my life be run by constant number crunching.  The days of how many calories in, how many minutes at the gym, how much body fat, target heart rate zone, and what number is staring back at me from the scale are going to be in the past.  Although many think knowledge of those numbers make a person "healthy" I am going to disagree. Living a life run by numbers is not a way to live for me.  I am going to try to listen to my body and stop living by the numbers and just enjoy life.

spinach banana pumpkin green monster

2 cups spinach
1/2 banana
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1 scoop green super food
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
ice ~1cup

Add ingredients in the following order into the blender: super food, pumpkin pie spice, spinach, pumpkin, banana, and milk.  Puree.  Add ice and pulse again until desired consistency.

swiss chard apple green monster

2 cups swiss chard
1 apple peeled and chopped
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1 scoop green super food
ice ~1 cup

Add ingredients in the following order into the blender: super food, spinach, apple, and milk.  Puree.  Add ice and pulse again until desired consistency.


spinach green apple and green grape monster

2 cups spinach
1 green apple peeled and chopped (~100 grams)
10 frozen green grapes
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup water
1 scoop green super food
ice ~1 cup

Add ingredients in the following order into the blender: super food, spinach, apple, and milk.  Puree.  Add ice and pulse again until desired consistency.  Approx. 150 calories

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS