Wednesday, January 12, 2011

banana bread oatmeal




People often ask me if I really eat all of the sweets that I make.  The answer is yes.  I do eat them but, I definitely have a sensible portion well unless it is a slice of cake and then I really can't control myself.  I don't know what it is about a slice of cake but, I will not leave a crumb on the plate and I NEVER ask "cut me a small slice"!  That being said I do eat very healthy the majority of the time.  My favorite meal is breakfast and a big part of that is my LOVE for oatmeal.  This love affair has been going on for many years and the hubby often teases me because I have made so many oatmeal creations that I just get hooked on.  I probably have 20 different variations that I cycle through.  I thought that I would share some of these heavenly breakfast bowls.  This is my fall back bowl.  My first love in oatmeal creations and the one I always have all of the components on hand.  I got scared of eating bananas for a small window and I left this breakfast in the dust.  I am no longer scared of the banana. Banana and me have a daily date. 

banana bread oatmeal

1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 banana sliced
1 teaspoons of brown sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
good sprinkle of ground flax seed meal

Combine the oats, water and almond milk.  Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator over night.  If you don't have time to do over night then do it in the morning and let it sit.  This allows the oats to soak up the liquid and produce the most voluminous and creamy bowl of oatmeal.  Remove wrap and add sliced banana, brown sugar, cinnamon and flax meal and give a good stir.  Either cook bowl or stove top or put in microwave for ~4 minutes stirring half way through.  Enjoy!  This has approximately 300 calories.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

What fun is baking if you're not going to at least try a piece! Love your mentality.

And I love oatmeal! I definitely don't do as much experimenting with it as I should. this sounds delicious!

The Food Hunter said...

Great oatmeal recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS