Friday, August 12, 2011

peanut butter banana bread


Fact: Peanut butter makes everything better.  That is not a theory that is a fact.  That is at least a fact in this house.  When my kids start to turn their noses up at food I do one of the following: slather it with peanut butter, drizzle it with honey or dash a few sprinkles across it.  Don't underestimate the power of these three super ingredients.  They kinda make me a rock star to my kids in the kitchen.  Take delicious moist banana bread and add peanut butter then top with a peanut butter glaze and you have just made life better.  Your kids gobble down one slice and ask for another.  Supermom one and kids zero.

peanut butter banana bread
adapted: cooking light
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana 
1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1/3 cup chunky peanut butter 
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar1/2 cup packed brown sugar
6 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
Cooking spray
 
1/3 cup powdered sugar 
1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk 
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350°. 
To prepare bread, combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed. Add granulated and brown sugars; beat until blended.  
Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended. 
Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. 
Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; cool.
 
To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar, milk, and 1 tablespoon peanut butter in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over bread.

 

9 comments:

That Girl said...

I agree, peanut butter does make everything better.

Larissa said...

I cannot wait to try this! I eat a peanut butter and banana sandwich ever single day...and have since high school. Now I have an urge to make this bread and spread a little nutella on it :)

chow and chatter said...

lovely banana bread, thanks so much for visiting my blog, have a good weekend Rebecca

Zoe said...

This banana bread looks very yummy. I will be happy eating this. Love your presentation.

grace said...

oh, flax--nice addition! the peanut butter glaze is the kicker for me. excellent recipe. :)

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Why have I never done this before! YUMMY would be the word and something not only I would scarf down but my son would too! Great idea- I can always count on you for fun and amazing recipes

Barbara | Creative Culinary said...

Fact: I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Therefore Fact 2...I know I would LOVE this bread!

Sarah said...

We go through A LOT of peanut butter at house between me, the hubs and the dog. This looks fantastic, cant wait to make it!

Faith said...

Peanut butter definitely makes everything better! :) This bread sounds fantastic with that peanut butter glaze!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS