Monday, August 29, 2011

flourless peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies



My nutritionist told me I should reduce the amount of gluten I eat.  There are a few claims I want to make ....

1.  These cookies are gluten free.  I think they are but, I am not entirely sure.  I am not stamping the package with that claim but, I think they may be. 

2.  I made these cookies because I thought they were gluten free and my nutritionist may be more pleased with my choice of dessert if it was gluten free.  

I wish those claims were true but, the truth is I made these because I had never made a flourless cookie and I was curious.  I love peanut butter cookies.  I love really big, really soft criss crossed impressed peanut butter cookies.  These cookies are not those.  They are not a sturdy cookie.  They have a very crumbly texture but, it is good because you can taste the intense peanut flavor.  These could not be easier to make.  Measure, dump, mix, bake, cool and eat.  Grab your kids and let them make these today.  Have fun in the kitchen with the kids making an easy yummy cookie that may be gluten free.  Just don't throw them in your diaper bag and go to the park because they will end up in tiny pieces and there will be a kid at the park that is allergic to peanuts or a mom who gives you a stink eye when you pull a cookie out of your diaper bag.

flourless peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies
source: southern living

1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup mini chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together peanut butter and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended. Stir in mini chips.


Scoop dough and place 2 inches apart onto silpat lined baking sheets.


Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets on a wire rack 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack, and let cool 15 minutes.

4 comments:

Rivki Locker said...

Lovely cookies. I made similar cookies recently, but instead of using store bought peanut butter, I blended up some almonds in the food processor for about 10 minutes to make almond butter. They were quite nice. These look delicious too, and the store bought peanut butter sure would make it simpler. :)

That Girl said...

I'm laughing at your "gluten-free" disclaimer. You're too cute.

sportsglutton said...

Peanut butter and chocolate...I'll take those anyway that I can get em! :-)

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Flourless really? Now you have my attention. I must try this. Considering I eat about 4 cookies a night I need to make them as healthy but good as possible! LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS