Tuesday, July 13, 2010

red chicken curry


Almost 10 years ago if you asked me to go grab some curry I would have refused.  I don't know why I thought I didn't like curry.  I just had it in my mind that I didn't like curry.  My husband took me out for curry when we started dating.  We were at that point where I could say I hate curry.  Well I am glad that we were in that awkward stage because I realized that evening that I loved curry.  I liked the hot spicy mix of this new flavor combination I had never tasted before.  I was getting chiles, lemongrass, corriander... and I was hooked. I have not been very successful making curry at home.  This recipe is very simple and has a good balance between sweet and spicy.  Hoping that this is just the first step into the world of Thai cooking. 

red chicken curry
source: Cooking Light
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups green bell pepper strips (about 1 large)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons red curry paste
1 teaspoon sugar
1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes or until browned, turning once. Add bell pepper to pan; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken mixture from pan. Combine juice, soy sauce, curry paste, and sugar in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add juice mixture and coconut milk to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 12 minutes or until slightly thick. Return chicken mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS