Thursday, May 26, 2011

peanut butter sheet cake with chocolate icing


Peanut butter +  chocolate =  love.  Is there anyone who does not like peanut butter and chocolate?  If you do don't fight it just give in.  You will fall in love trust me.  Could a couple be more perfectly matched?  Do they ever fight?  They just seem to constantly compliment each other.  A peanut butter sheet cake ... yum!  Poke holes in it and pour a sweet thin chocolate icing all over it so, it fills those holes and makes the perfect little pockets of chocolate icing ... now you got a reason to pump your fist in the air.  My only regret other then I ate one too many pieces of this cake is that I did not go all Paula Deen on this cake.  I am still kicking myself that I did not add a bit of peanut butter to the icing and cut up reese's peanut butter cups on top.  If you are going to do Paula do you really leave a usable calorie behind.  Next time.  Enjoy!

peanut butter sheet cake with chocolate icing
adapted: paula deen

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs


2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter

1/2 cup whole milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F if baking with a metal dish; 325 degrees F if using a glass dish.
Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together. Add graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, shortening, milk, and vanilla. Beat mixture with electric mixer on low until moistened, and then beat on medium for 2 minutes. Add eggs and beat for 1 minute. Bake in greased 9-inch by 13-inch pan for 30 to 35 minutes. Do not remove from pan to cool.
For the frosting: mix all of the ingredients together. Pour into a saucepan and bring mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Cool slightly. With a wooden spoon handle, poke a few holes in the cake, and then pour the warm frosting over it.

7 comments:

Kitchen Belleicious said...

that is like the perfect dessert for this weekend. Simple but so decadent and yummy. I think I might do it for our crawfish boil on monday! Thanks for the recipe girl

Joanne said...

Definitely nothing better than the PB+Chocolate combo...this looks amazing!

Kerry said...

I love chocolate sheet cake, but a peanut butter sheet cake? Swoon. This looks like perfection. If I was having a big Memorial Day bbq, I would definitely make this, but it's probably too dangerous to have in a house with nothing but me and a fork.

Lucy@The Sweet Touch said...

Oh YUM! Peanut butter and chocolate - my favorite combo!

Unknown said...

pb and chocolate are a match made in heaven, it's science! You're in cm too, I wonder if we go to the same gym? That would be REAL random! 24 hr?

That Girl said...

I for one love peanut butter and chocolate.

Dana @TheSundaySweet said...

I'll have a piece of this please! Looks so good! Nothing beats peanut butter and chocolate!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS