Wednesday, May 18, 2011

crunchy cheddar chicken



Chicken has never really been my thing.  I don't hate it but, if it is on a menu I go right over it.  My mom made this wonderful discovery one night when Brad and I were out.  My kids both love rotisserie chicken.  I mean devour it.  Then Brad made a follow on discovery that if you toss it in barbecue sauce the kids are in heaven.  I would have never made these discoveries because I skip over chicken and don't like barbecue sauce.  Since this love of chicken has been revealed I find myself seeking out family friendly chicken recipes.  These are recipes that I would have skipped right over a few months ago.  As I have said Brad eats like a child as well so, when I stumbled upon this combination I knew it was a meal both Brad and the kids would like.  I nailed it.  Every bit of chicken was gone (I even enjoyed it) and Brad must have said 2 or 3 times how good it was.  Is this gourmet no but, a super simple  meal that puts smiles on my kids faces and fills their tummies is exactly what I need in my working mom life right now.


crunchy cheddar chicken
adapted: real simple


16 buttery crackers (such as Ritz or social snackers), crushed ( 4 crackers per chicken breast)
4 ounces cheddar cheese grated (1 oz per chicken breast)
1 clove garlic; minced
kosher salt and black pepper
4 boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (1 tablespoon per chicken breast)
 
Heat oven to 350° F. 
Melt butter with the pressed/minced garlic.  Mix to combine.
In a bowl, combine the crackers, cheese, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.

Dip the chicken in the garlic butter, then in the cracker mixture, pressing gently to help the crackers adhere. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet.

Mound any remaining cracker mixture on the chicken and drizzle with any remaining butter. 
Bake until the chicken is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.

9 comments:

starnes family said...

I'm the same way. Always "take or leave" chicken. Much prefer the veggies on the side! This looks good, though. Easy and good!

Joanne said...

Sometimes you just gotta give into the masses. I'm not much of a chicken eater either but my family lives off of it. I'm sure they'd adore this!

That Girl said...

Ooohhh the infamous GCC! I remember the first time I saw this and I swear it was on everyone's weekly menu!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

Oh my I love the cheddar addition to the chicken. I bet this is just so rich and decadent but with it not being fried I can eat as much as I want right? Great recipe!

Sarah said...

This looks fantastic! I am definitely adding this to my meal plan!

sherri lynn said...

I've made this recipe from RS too and LOVE it! So simple and so good :)

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

Just a little NOTE.. your recipe will be featured on my blog next week (On Tuesday)..... Stop by an grab a "I've been featured button" if you wish! Sorry for the early notice, but I am leavin' on vacation! YEA ME! :-)

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Seriously--yum!

Anonymous said...

just stopping by to say hi

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS