Monday, August 16, 2010

vanilla mousse cheescake


The Nilla wafers in this recipe caught my eye.  I spent the beginning of my childhood in Connecticut and we often spent summer days at my grandparents house.  I loved these days because they meant laying out at the pool with my Aunt.  I pretty much thought she was the coolest person I knew.  She wore a bikini, had a killer tan, had long perfect nails that were always painted the most perfect shade of bright deep pink.  She would supply me with Nilla wafers, sun tea and a new Nancy Drew book.  I would lay on the chair next to her reading, eating and staring at her perfect nails.  My nails never looked liked hers but, I still paint my toes bright pink in the summer.  Everyone always see my summer nail color and say that is sooo ... Al but, really it is so Aunt Sue.  This cheesecake was very easy to make and the cracks in the top were covered with the topping.  We all enjoyed this desert and definitely tastes like it was much more difficult then it was.  I will enjoy my Nilla wafer cheese cake and hope that the sun finally comes out this weekend so, we can lay in the sun with ice tea and the rest of the Nilla wafers. 

vanilla mousse cheesecake
adapted: kraft

40 reduced fat NILLA Wafers, crushed
3 tablespoons butter
4 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese, softened, divided
1 cup sugar, divided
4 teaspoons vanilla, divided
3 eggs
1 (8 ounce) tub fat free COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

Directions

Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
Mix wafer crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch spring form pan.
Beat 3 pkg. cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp. vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
Bake 50 to 55 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely in pan.
Beat remaining cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer in large bowl until well blended. Whisk in COOL WHIP; spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate 4 hours. Remove rim of pan before serving cheesecake.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS