Friday, February 11, 2011

frozen honey cream


I love going to the farmers market on the weekends but, my family does not seem to enjoy this quite as much.  Boo.  I have found that I can entice or possibly bribe my 4 year old with a visit to the honey stand.  He can taste honey, get a honey stick and get a cute little bear filled with the honey flavor of his choice.  He is a true honey fan.  He recently picked out orange blossom honey in which I used in this beyond easy frozen honey cream.   My kids absolutely LOVED this and it is a great use of extra egg yolks which I always seem to have on hand.   It was gone in a few days.  It has an extremely intense honey flavor which was too much for the hubby but, not either kid.  I like these kind of frozen desserts because a very small portion goes a long way and it is hard to over indulge when it is so sweet and creamy.

frozen honey cream
source: everyday food
  • 1 3/4 cups cold heavy cream
  • 2/3 cup wildflower or orange blossom honey
  • 4 large egg yolks

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream to stiff peaks, then refrigerate. In a small pot, bring honey to a boil over medium-high and cook 2 minutes. In another medium bowl, using mixer, beat egg yolks until pale yellow. With mixer running, add hot honey in a slow, steady stream. Beat on high until mixture has cooled to room temperature, about 5 minutes. With a rubber spatula, fold in whipped cream. Transfer mixture to a 5-by-10-inch loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until set, 2 hours (or up to 1 week).

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Sounds delicious. I often have to bribe my kids to go shopping with me too! grrrrr

Joanne said...

I'm a farmer's market LOVER as well, but don't have any kids to hold me back. Just the threat of all the studying I have to do. Sigh.

This frozen honey ice cream sounds delicious! What a great idea.

Allison said...

We go through a lot of local honey here and I am absolutely trying this, thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS