We still have Halloween candy left. I am just not tempted by candy. It will sit here for ages. I decided not to let the extra Easter candy go to waste this year. We are leaving for a ski trip this week so, I wanted to make a simple treat that we could enjoy this week before we leave. Chocolate and peanut butter being a favorite combination of mine I knew adding these Reese's bunnies to a chewy brownie would be a perfect combination. We ate them hot and gooey right out of the oven. I felt bad cutting all of those bunnies heads off but, after one bite I knew the decapitation was a sound decision. They were delicious.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bunny Brownies
- 2 cups chopped Reese's Easter Bunnies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup Cocoa
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions:1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Remove wrappers from candies. Cut each candy into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
2. Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add sugar and cocoa; stir to blend. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs. Stir together flour, salt and baking soda; stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in vanilla. Let mixture cool a bit and mix in candy pieces. Spread in prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and begin to crack slightly; do not overbake. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About 36 brownies.