Tuesday, December 21, 2010

oreo chocolate chip cookies


I like oreos.  I like them dunked in milk.  I like them used in baked goods.  They are so versatile.  The can be molded into a crust, crushed, mixed and dipped to make a truffle, mixed into a cupcake and so on and so on.  I have a lot of oreos left from the cookies and cream cupcakes.  I bought a box at Smart and Final which apparently was big enough to get me through October birthdays, Christmas and some extra goodies mixed in between.  I have seen several posts about cookies and brownies with oreos incorporated.  I decided to wing it and give it a try.  I really like to follow a recipe. I don't really know how to wing it ... in the kitchen or any other part of my life.  I like structure.  I could not stray too far.  I used the base from my chocolate chip cookie and just played around a bit with the measurements and then tossed in some chips and quartered oreos.  The results ... yum!  They are all gone.  

oreo chocolate chip cookies
source: sweetflours
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
  • 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoons coarse salt
  • 1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp packed light-brown sugar
  • 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 1 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 10 oreos quartered
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
  2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, 6 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low and beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla. Mix in flour mixture just until incorporated; fold in chocolate chips.
  3. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Using a large spoon, drop dough onto a silpat-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.   Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.

2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

those look slightly dangerous. for my hips, that is.

:)

The Food Hunter said...

WOW! that's all that needs to be said on this one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS