Friday, October 29, 2010

buttered green beans and cremini mushrooms


Obsessed ... I am obsessed with my organic box delivery.  It is making me find so many new ways to incorporate this bi-weekly bounty.  The past two weeks there have been long, bright, crisp green beans.  Last week I was not very creative with them.  This week I elevated simplicity with this side dish and ps  it only has 120 calories ... the whole recipe.  When I saute vegetables on the stove I typically prefer them in butter over olive oil.  My go to is butter on the stove and olive oil in the oven.  Not sure why but, that is how I roll.  The butter mixed with the garlic and the salt and coating these fresh beans and mushrooms is a filling and versatile side that leaves you satisfied. I have made it twice this week and I still have more beans!

buttered green beans and cremini mushrooms
adapted: cooking light
  • 6 ounces  green beans, trimmed
  • 1  tablespoons  butter
  • 5  ounces  cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
  • 1/2  teaspoon  kosher salt, divided
  • 1/4  teaspoon  coarsely ground black pepper, divided
  • 1 garlic clove, minced

1. Steam green beans, covered, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge beans into ice water; drain. Pat dry with a towel; set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; sauté 8 minutes or until mushroom liquid evaporates. Stir in garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and green beans; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, tossing to combine.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS